Hello dear mothers and fathers;
Denver II Developmental Screening Test; Applied to children aged 0-6, who have a healthy appearance; It is a screening test that is necessary to monitor development in children and to detect deviations from normal early.
- It can be applied repeatedly from birth to 6 years of age.
- Denver II compares the child’s ability in functions with their peers.
- It’s not an intelligence test, it’s a development test.
This test, which evaluates the age-appropriate skills of the child;
- It is used to screen for asymptomatic developmental problems,
- Confirming suspicious situations with an objective criterion,
- It is valuable in monitoring developmentally at-risk children. (For example, babies with perinatal problems)
Denver II consists of 134 items collected in four sections on the test form to screen the following developmental areas:
- communicating with people, meeting their individual needs
- Fine Motor-Adaptive:
- Hand-eye coordination, using objects, problem solving
- Hearing, understanding, using language
- Gross Motor:
- General coordination ability
For more information about the Denver II test, which we will start to apply in our clinic very soon;
I wish you healthy days